Benefits of Copper Drinking Containers
Wiring and electronics are the most commonly known use of copper, but did you know it is also one of the minerals our body needs? It helps the body form collagen, make red blood cells, absorb iron and more. It can also help conditions like Anemia and Osteoporosis at bay.
Food Sources with Copper
Eating these foods can support meeting your daily dose of this mineral.
- Seafood (oysters, lobster, squid, mussels, clams)
- Organ meats (cow liver, kidneys, or heart)
- Nuts (cashews, filberts, almonds, pistachios, pecans, macadamia nuts, peanuts)
- Beans (lentils, soybeans, navy beans)
- Unsweet or semisweet chocolate or cocoa
- Enriched cereal
- Fruits and veggies
- Blackstrap molasses
- Black pepper
In India, copper drinkware is called Tamra Jal. It has been an ayurvedic practice that is widely recommended by Yogis and Ayurveda experts.
Below are some reasons to include Tamra Jal in your lifestyleBalances Tridosha – ‘Tamra jal’ helps balance the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha) and is good for the overall health of the body
- Aids weight loss – According to Ayurveda, drinking 2-3 glasses of copper-enriched water in the morning speeds up the metabolism and facilitates the breakdown of fat cells.
- Slows down aging & protects from sun damage – Tamra jal helps in the production of new skin cells that replace old dying ones.
- Protects against sun damage – It also aids in the production of melanin, which is instrumental in protecting your skin and hair from sun damage.
- Detoxifies the stomach – Copper balances the Pitta by detoxifying the stomach, kidneys and the liver, thereby ensuring regular elimination of waste.
- Prevents cancer – Tamra jal is rich in antioxidants. This makes it a key element in fighting cancer-causing free radicals, which are one of the main causes of cancer.
- Boosts immunity – Tamra jal boosts general immunity and brain health and helps strengthen the heart functions. It is also helpful in reducing the pain associated with arthritis.
Get your own Tamra Jal here at our Indian Grocery Store in downtown San Rafael! Come and visit Lotus Market and look for this elegant drinkware range and begin your healthy hydration routine today.